Why attend the seminar?
Owning and operating an aircraft under European EASA regulations can be a steep learning curve. Within the EASA system, every pilot is licensed to perform maintenance on his privately used aircraft. But neither the maintenance and airworthiness regulations, nor the performance of maintenance is part of the private pilot syllabus.
Aufwind wants to help pilot-owners of light aircraft to get a grip on maintenance regulations. In our online maintenance introduction coaching, we want to help the many questions, owners of aircraft have asked us. What is an AMP? Who can release work on my aircraft? What Documentation do I need? Can I do repairs myself?
To answer these and similar questions, we are providing online introduction seminars to aircraft maintenance. We want to enable owner-pilots and managers of aero-clubs to gather reliable information about the operation and maintenance of their aircraft.
The topics of the seminar for further discussion are:
- Introduction into the system of EU aviation regulations.
- Types of maintenance, repairs and changes to aircraft.
- Overview over EASA maintenance organisations (CAO, CAMO, Part145, etc.) and maintenance licenses.
- Aircraft classification and maintenance regimes.
- Documentation of maintenance, repairs and changes.
- Use of parts and materials
- Maintenance manuals and documentation - where to get the data?
- Aircraft Maintenance Programs (AMP)
- Discussion of practical examples
- Participation Options at EASA regulations
Although there is no previous knowledge necessary to attend the seminar, the seminar is thought to be an opportunity to get a tighter grip onto individual questions. We therefore limit the access to the seminar/coaching to a smaller number of he participants.